Tariq has a differnt take on Nesreen and her bathroom messages. "It's probably a guy just trying to meet girls."
"What? That doesn't make any sense. The only girls who would call would be lesbians."
"Yeah, but he'd have their phone numbers."
"So? They wouldn't want him."
"He'd have their phone numbers. That's how Syrian guys think."
I'm doubtful.
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My first thought was - yeah, it's a girl writing her enemy's number on the toilet wall so her enemy gets pestered. We used to do it in school (did I just admit that?!).
But then I rebuked myself. That thought - just like your friend's thought - is a typical male view of the world which doesn't leave any space for lesbians. Of course there are no lesbians in Syria.
The more we deny, the more they will hide.
Post a Comment