The family I live with has decided that I am unhealthy. Granted, this is a pretty apt description, as apparently my move to Syria has coincided with the breakdown of my body. I'm going to blame this on the Divine, who has punished me for bragging about my 6 months of Egypt without the slightest health complaint. Wait, I'm an athiest.
The family, especiallu Um Mazen, has decided that I what I need is meat. Lots of meat. "Look at us. We are not coughing and we eat meat everyday. We do not need to take vitamin pills for anemia. Meat is delicious."
Her argument failed to convince me. So instead she has become sneaky. "Eat the kibbeh," she'll command.
"Oh no thank you, I don't really like red meat."
"There's no meat. Just try it."
"It's kibbeh, there is meat. I know kibbeh." (kibbeh is a fried ball of meat)
"There's no meat. Just eat it. Try it, c'mon, try it."
The other day we had soup. I asked what kind of soup it was and was told vegetable. "Is there red meat?"
"No, there's none. Try it. It's good." I used my spoon and fished out a chunk of lamb.
"Um, this is meat."
"That's not meat. Eat it. It's delicious."
I have explained that red meat doesn't agree with me. My stomach is not a fan. Despite this, the sneaking continues.
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment