I was in class today when Ester, the Italian, got a text from her friend that said "the general of the Lebanese army died in an explosion". She shared, and we all immediately thought why? Michel Sulaiman is the one guy everyone agreed on for president - who gains from killing him? And immediately as well - shit, does this mean civil war? During the break our teacher checked it out and no, the general was not killed, but a vice-general (نائب القائد - what do we call this? One of the guys right below the general) was.
Still - who benefits? Those aligned with March 14 and Hizballah all have good relations with the army. Maybe it was the Islamist militants the army spent the summer fighting in Nahr al-Barid?
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I canceled my trip.
Yes, I'm serious.
Post a Comment