Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bitch be Stealing My Name!

There's an American woman living in Sana'a, Yemen, who has been blogging since January 2008 under the name Yemenista (theyemenista.blogspot.com - unable to insert links). Since I have been Orientalista since last June, months before I even moved to the Orient, she has obviously stolen the practice of adding -ista to create awesome blogging names. انتقام I demand, and انتقام I shall have! It's like that time in high school when, as captain of the cross country team, I made team shirts that said "I'll cross your country!" only to see other girls' teams with identical slogans the following year! Totally!

The only solution, obviously, is a duel. I shall have to fly to Yemen immediately and slap her. Then I will throw clearly superior Shami sweets at her until she can't handle the 'ishta-goodness and explodes. And changes her name.

Actually, I doubt she's even seen this blog, and her name is probably a play off "fashionista" as she used to work at a woman's magazine, whereas my name is a reference to both Orientalism and my leftist politics. Fine then, Yemenista, you may keep your name without fear of bodily harm. If I expect Israelis to give up al-Quds and Palestinians to agree to financial compensation in lieu of Right of Return, I guess I can accept the existance of another -ista in the Middle East. For peace.

No comments: