Everytime my hair grows long, I begin to think that I chould cut this shit off. I imagine myself with short hair - it is a glamorous, sexy image, and not me, but a French girl in the 1960s. Then I cut it and I remember - too late - that I look more like a dickonsonian street urchin boy with short hair.
But I had been saying I need to cut my hair for two months now, and finally yesterday I asked Ruba to take me to where she gets her hair cut - her hair is quite nice. I wanted it a bit shorter, and with "sidesweep bangs". Ruba introduced me to the stylist as her Irish friend (why?) and though I know "bangs" I tried to mime "sidesweep". I don't believe I effectively communicated the message.
So now I have heavy blunt bangs like I haven't had since 8th grade. The rest of it awkwardly frames my face with poof. I look 17. I need to step away from the scissors, because everytime I try something they end up raping me.
BUT, the cut was only 100 lira ($2)! I'm thinking maybe the only solution is to cut it shorter, as at that price I'm willing to have my hair maimed every week!
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment