I need to move.
Last week, there were 5 girls. There are now nine girls living in the house with the family, though there are only 7 rooms. One is camped out in the living room, rendering it unavailable for everyone else. The other is sleeping downstairs with the family in Um Zahir's room, where Samar and Said sleep as well. What the fuck? Why did the family accept more girls than they had room for? I would understand if someone was leaving soon, but no one's leaving for two months! Furthermore, a lot of the girls who moved in don't speak any Arabic (yet), so all conversation not with The Family is in not Arabic - mostly Enlish, but also Italian or German.
I started asking around to find a place to live with Syrians outside of the old city. I could just get my own apartment, but I don't really want that. Family or Syrian students (girls) would be nice. My language exchange partner Kenaz is looking at Muhajireen for me, and of course I've got the Jermimana crew looking there. I don't know if anything will come of it, as nothing has yet.
So I've been peacing out of the house a lot, eating iftar with friends instead of with the family. Iftar is Arabic Time with The Family, and now English is flying across that table like nobody's business.
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
stop whining and start writing your amazing prose.
seriously, i miss you. and your wit.
Post a Comment