Thursday, August 7, 2008

Anything Strange is Shameful

I asked some friends about why a stranger would see the need to call me out about brushing my hair on a micro. Their reaction: "You brushed your HAIR on the MICRO?"
"I was running late."
"Why didn't you just brush your teeth too?"

They confirmed that it is 'Eib (Shameful) to do these things, because no one does them. I asked why no one does them, and was told because they are shameful. I see circular logic.
"So what if I'm brushing my hair?"
"People just don't do that. It's shameful."
"But why?"
"Anything strange is shameful"

Since as a foreigner I am by definition strange, I am therefor by definition shameful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your friends. Brushing your hair in public is just like clipping your toe nails in public. In a salon it is ok but seeing someone do it in a public park or worse an enclosed bus is gross. Basically clean up your habits and if you are really running late take the brush to work and do it in the bathroom at work.